Year 8-12 Applications

McKinnon Secondary College is a zoned school and can only offer places to residents within this zone.  


Families interested in enroling their child at McKinnon Secondary College need to collect an Expression of Interest form from our General Office, located at the McKinnon Road campus. This needs to be completed and returned to the General Office at the McKinnon Road campus


Evidence for demonstrating permanent residence in our zone


100 points of residential proof in the carer/parents name is required. This is required to show that your family is living permanently in the property.


If property is owned

  • Council rates notice OR City Council Ownership confirmation letter OR City Council Annual Rates & Charges summary letter OR Exchanged Contract of Sale (40 points)

If property is leased

  • Current annual lease agreement through a registered real estate agent AND Bond Receipt summary from RTBA (40 points)

Other essential proof

  • A recent electricity and or gas bill showing the service address and usage. Connection notice if you have recently moved in (15 points)

Any of the following to add the total points up to 100

  • Centrelink payment statement showing home address (20 points)
  • Electoral roll statement (20 points)
  • A recent water bill showing the service address (15 points)
  • A recent telephone or internet bill showing the service address (15 points)
  • Driver’s licence or government issued ID showing current home address (15 points)
  • Home building or contents insurance showing the service address (15 points)
  • Motor vehicle registration or compulsory 3rd-party insurance policy showing home address (15 points)

On request, you may also be required to complete a statutory declaration confirming the student is living in the address provided in the enrolment application and that the arrangement is genuine and intended to be permanent.


Additional information required:

  • A copy of the student’s birth certificate (with English translation if required)
  • For non-Australian-born applicants, a copy of the student’s passport and valid visa.  Any student with a 500 or 600 Visa must enrol via the International Student Department.

Please note enrolment applications may not be successful if the requested documentation is not provided.  Moreover, if, after reasonable enquiries, the principal does not accept that the address provided on the enrolment application form is the genuine permanent residence of the student, the enrolment application may not be successful.


Any enquiries please contact